Thursday, September 23, 2010

9-23-10

The first quote I chose to respond to is, "We ought to expect of ourselves is to figure out what we hope for in this life."
As I decided to take this quote a bit out of context and relate it mainly to the classroom I realized that there must be a great deal of organization not only in the classroom but in the way that we teach. I know that I am not yet a teacher but already I do know that I will include morning meeting in my daily routine. I've come to understand that structure is what will help not only management issues but help students to feel OK from day to day shifts in the schedule as well.
"Perhaps those teachers who are successful in forming bonds with students remember the dreams of the novice teacher clearly enough that they inhabit those dreams daily."
I absolutely love this quote because sometimes I find myself dreaming during certain parts of some classes. I think about how I will use my personality to make them laugh and enjoy being in school because they hopefully will have fun. I think about how I will create a safe environment for them to feel free to come and talk to me about anything they need, fun as well as serious topics. I remember being young and dreaming about all kind of things whose to tell me I can't now?
"You are unique and valuable as individuals, and we are important as a class."

I think it's important to remember the salad bowl concept. Each item is delicious and when combined together are phenominal on your tastbuds. A classroom is just like this, each indivudual has there own talents that they bring to the classroom but we are also stronger so to speak when we come together.

1 comment:

  1. We are all important parts of a whole and knowing one another is a key to positive bonding.

    ReplyDelete