Thursday, October 1, 2009

#3 Entitled Dance.

When I try to think of me dancing in Elementary school my mind is blank because there was no dancing for me. I was a hip rip pure tom boy. Man how things have changed a bit. I do however remember a end of the year school dance we would have to perform for our parents kind of like a field day or something like that. I remeber feeling really silly then because it wasn't something i did.
I feel focusing on the creative aspect of dance allows the students not only to have fun but to realize and learn that there are many ways of expressing yourself through voice or movement etc.
I might use dance in my classroom by have cooperative learning groups where they can be creative and come up with skits, have (brain boosters) to stimulate their mind and get wiggles out. There's so much I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment